Adobe InDesign 14 (CC2019) and higher supports
SINGLE PAGE PDF Export.
• Use the link here to obtain the PDF Export Settings File for your version of InDesign.
• Follow the guidelines in this document to load the settings into InDesign.
Once document setup is confirmed, you are ready to Export your perfect-bound publication to PDF.
Note: The front cover will be exported separately AFTER the other pages in the document and requires a modification to the INSIDE bleed margin.
1. In InDesign, start by choosing . . . File/Adobe PDF Presets/Cummings . . .
2. In the Save As dialog box, enter a two or three digit upper case alphabetic code (to specifically identify your publication) and save the PDF pages to your desktop (InDesign will automatically make a folder named ABC to contain the single pages).
3. Export everything EXCEPT the front cover by selecting RANGE, then enter _C2 – 66.
4. Now export the front cover by selecting RANGE, then enter _C1. IMPORTANT… YOU MUST MODIFY THE INSIDE BLEED MARGIN OF COVER 1 FOLLOWING THE STEPS here… this is only for Cover 1.
5. In the Save As dialog box, use the same PUB CODE as in step 2 above and save PDF of the front cover (including spine) to your desktop (InDesign will automatically make a folder named ABC(1) to contain the single cover page).
5. Navigate to your desktop, open the ABC(1) folder and move the front cover file into the ABC folder with the other pages (you can now delete the empty folder that remains).
6. Verify file names . . . open several pages to ensure the file names match the folio number. InDesign automatically names the files to match the section numbering in the document.
Note: The file naming results in a double underscore for C1 and C2 to sort to the top of the file list. Also, notice that C3 and C4 are labeled numerically at the end of the text page section.